Weight Loss Surgery
Bariatric SurgeRY IN Gurgaon
Gaining weight and becoming overweight or morbidly obese has generated an epidemic not only in India but also internationally.
It has been proven that the higher the body mass index (BMI), the larger the risk for associated illnesses like diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, coronary artery disease along with many others. When morbidly obese individuals possess one or more of the above-mentioned diseases, their risk of passing increases, and quality of life is severely diminished.
how we do it
At Aryan Hospital, doctors evaluate the patients with a thorough physical examination, which mightrequire blood work and other diagnostic tools. With assistance from physicians in a variety of
specialties, our doctors take into consideration your medical issues when determining the weight reduction program that’s right for you. Pioneering surgeons at Aryan Hospital work most of all the
processes with minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques, improving our patient’s healing and recovery time. Bariatric surgery options include the Gastric Bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric banding.
who needs bariatric surgery?
You might be a candidate for surgical weight
loss if you meet some of the following criteria:
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40.
- Your BMI is over 35 and is experiencing severe adverse health consequences, like high blood pressure or diabetes, related to being severely overweight.
- You cannot achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period, even through medically-supervised dieting.
Tests for Weight Loss Surgery
Together with a complete physical examination and counseling, your physician will run several tests which may help determine whether the weight presents a greater health hazard than the potential risks of weight reduction surgery. They include:
- Fasting glucose and hemoglobin A1C dimension to Search for blood glucose anomalies that indicate type 2 diabetes
- Liver function tests
- Lipid profile evaluations to determine if blood glucose levels are raised
- Total blood counts
- Thyroid function tests
- childbirth tests for female patients
- Screening for nutrient deficiencies
- Sleep study with sleep
- Bone age assessment to record the amount of skeletal maturity
Conditions & Treatments
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
Vertical sleeve gastrectomy is surgery to help with weight loss. The surgeon removes a large portion of your stomach. It limits the amount of food you can eat by making you feel full after eating small amounts of food.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB) is a type of weight-loss surgery. The surgery makes the stomach smaller and allows food to bypass part of the small intestine.
Mini Gastric Bypass
The Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery is a minimally invasive weight loss procedure. The operation usually takes less than an hour and the hospital stay is usually less than 24 hours.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We are always looking for good and talented people